Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Things I've Learned

Things I've learned about being a parent:
1) All those things you said you would never do....you will.
2) You no longer matter...seriously. This child comes first no matter what and that's surprisingly ok with you.
3) In the middle of the night when you are frustrated beyond belief that you are not asleep....a single smile makes you not mind if you never sleep again.
4) You do what works...if that is allowing your child to watch tv so that you can shower...your child watches tv.
5) No one cares what you look like anymore...as long as your child is cute, you don't have to dress to impress ;)
6) Everyone has an opinion...the only one that matters is yours.
7) Your daily conversations almost always mention poo.
8) It is a requirement that you take as many pictures possible and force them on as many people as possible ;)
9) It is a big change for your marriage but so rewarding to look at your child and know that she is half you/half him for better or worse!
10) Even if I have to do more laundry b/c the diapers are becoming too small....I will not waste free diapers!

1 comment:

Mommy said...

I don't think I could have said it better. I completely agree with each and every one! Oh the things we are learning as new mothers :)